The Light Route of Chartres In Lights
Discover the Chartres in Lights illuminated sites through this downloadable path of this event:
The illuminations take place every evening, starting at dusk, and run in a loop, until the end of the year:
- until January 15, 2022: from 6:00 pm to 10:30 pm
(+ or - 10 minutes)
Focus on the illuminated sites
While some of them are static, almost all of the scenographies of Chartres in Lights are dynamic, using the technique of video mapping. Some are even interactive and transform you into a scenographer.
To preserve a high-quality and modern event, the scenographies are partly renewed every year. These new items are unveiled to the public in preview during the Festival of Light in September.
In 2021, new original illuminations await you:
- Watch the Saint-André collegiate church release the contents of its grimoires, herbariums and medieval bestiaries onto the Eure.
- Travel through the world while staying on the banks of the Eure and admire a luminously alive fauna and flora.
- Discover the stained glass transformation of the Chartres gallery.
And from December 3, 2021 to January 15, 2022, you can discover illuminations specially created for Christmas on:
- The royal portal of the cathedral.
- The collegiate church of Saint-André and the bridges and wash houses on the banks of the Eure.
The other sites will also dazzle you:
- The royal doorway of Chartres Cathedral.
- The south doorway of the Notre-Dame Cathedral.
- The Museum of fine arts – The garden of bishop’s palace.
- The Museum of fine arts – Façade of honour.
- The north doorway of the Notre-Dame Cathedral.
- The Eurelium – The County's Archives.
- The Saint-Andre collegiate church.
- The Church of Saint-Pierre.
- The Rue Saint-Pierre.
- The De Lattre de Tassigny fresco.
- The Theatre of Chartres.
- The Apostrophe multimedia library.
Chartres in Lights has also its app! It designs for those on the move. Not only does it give you a virtual visit, but it also guides you from site to another, on the spot, thanks to practical functionalities such as geo-localization. It is a true guide that will give you lots of information on the iconic locations of the city and their scenography, thematic paths and the agenda of events of the Chartres in Lights.
This free app is available at Google Play and App Store: