The health situation shows that the movement and grouping of people can help to maintain the spread of the Coronavirus in the country. In observance of the rules given by the Government, the City of Chartres had to resolve to cancel the Festival of Light and the other highlights for the year 2020.
The illuminations of Chartres In Lights are staggered and will take place from July 11, 2020 to January 3, 2021, every evening at the following times:
- Until October 24th: from 9 pm to 1 am.
- From October 25th to October 28th: from 6:30 pm to 10:30 pm.
- From October 29th to November 7th: from 6:15 pm to 10:30 pm.
- From November 8 to November 19: from 6:00 pm. to 10:30 p.m.
- November 20 to January 3, 2021: 5:45 pm. to 10:30 pm.
The events not to be missed!
With Chartres in Lights, the city's must-see sites are highlighted with light and music. A unique event in the world!
Have you ever seen the scenographies? Rediscover this event in a different way: by dancing, running or paddling...
Trail in Chartres en lumières [Canceled]
“Trail in Chartres en lumières”, a nocturnal urban race
Every year, this sporting event organized by the Chartres Métropole Triathlon association marks the launch of the new Chartres in Lights season. Here is the program of this 8th edition:
- 4pm: a cultural orientation game for families whose goal is to find lost letters in order to reform a mystery sentence. A charity event to help the association Les Enfants de la Lune.
- 7:30pm : “Chartres pour elles”, a 100% feminine and supportive race to raise money for the fight against breast cancer. A 4 km flat course at a reduced speed.
- 9:15pm : the “Trail in Chartres en lumières”, the night race that has become a must in Eure-et-Loir ! Starting from the multimedia library Apostrophe, this 10 km route follows the mounds of Chartres. Part of the registration is donated to the association Les Enfants de la Lune.
The Festival of Light [Canceled]
The highlight of Chartres in Lights, the Festival of Light makes the heart of the city beat faster. It is held every third Saturday in September, from 9pm to 1am, on the occasion of the European Heritage Days. It combines the magical atmosphere of Chartres in Lights, the discovery of new scenographies and the festive atmosphere of street shows and entertainment.
During an evening, at nightfall, the heart of the city of Chartrain gets carried away. Multiple animations pay an eclectic tribute to light. Arts and street shows, plastic installations, participatory and interactive activities, musical strolls, exhibitions...
With attendance now approaching 50,000 visitors, this is the largest event in the Centre-Val-de-Loire region in the new school year.
During the summer: Chartres in Lights by canoe-kayak or paddle [Canceled]
Canoe-kayak : from the age of 8, the Chartres métropole canoe-kayak association offers you a route as close as possible to the illuminations of bridges and washhouses. A walk on the Eure in the middle of the Chartres en lumières scenery. (Paid)
Paddle : SUP-POLO Addict invites you to discover Chartres in Lights during descents on the Eure. ( Paid)
“Mouv'en lumières” [Canceled]
The Salsamba association and dance school invites the public to explore Chartres in Lights... by dancing, with the concept "Mouv'en lumières"!
To celebrate the beginning and end of the lighting season, the association offers dance demonstrations throughout the Chartres in Lights route and invites you to participate.
Two free evenings hosted by Stéphane Massaro.
All information on www.salsamba.org.